First Weekend Home

I better not jump the gun, but so far so good.  This Saturday was our first Saturday home since Feb 19th.  5 whole weeks.  And boy did we enjoy it.  Mostly we just did some spring cleaning and visited with family.  Lucy felt wonderful and we were able to spend some time outdoors.  This is going to be a picture post for sure.  Lots of fun memories made. 

While Ella, Erik, Jack, Grandma and Grandpa were out of the house tonight at Ella's school, Lucy and I spent some quality time together.  It was so nice and we giggled and laughed like we had no cares in the world.  She spent a lot of time opening presents from our sweet friends and the most wonderful "strangers" ever!  There are some very thoughtful people in this world.  She really opened up with me and let herself be carefree and actually enjoyed opening her gifts.  We then played beauty shop---something I've been dreading for a long time. 

Since her very first surgery I have not been able to wash Lucy's hair.  There were a few times when I tried to wash "at it" but was quite unsuccessful.  It was awful.  Bless her heart I can't believe I let her out in public the last week with her hair looking like it did.  But, as with most things in my life, hair is just a thing.  Who cares!  My biggest concern tonight was that it was going to all come out when I started washing it.  She was shedding a lot this morning so we were all a little concerned that a good washing might be the end.  Thankfully it was not and she has a beautiful head of clean blond least for now.

I will write more tomorrow, but for now I am going to say thank you to my father in law who is getting up with Jack tonight so I can SLEEP.  I am so tired. 

We woke up and the girls played their DS and Wii while I went to get donuts and a Sonic drink.

Then I got to feed Jack.  He was barely starting to eat when Lucy's first got sick.  Now he eats ALL the time.

After we had breakfast, Erik's parents came over.  Grandpa helped Erik in the yard and garage and Grandma entertained the kiddos while I did some house work. 

Before long the day was almost done and my parents, brother, sister and Maddie came for a visit.  Jack and Maddie seemed to have a lot of fun playing together today.

As I put Jack to bed tonight I spent the whole time just praising God and thanking Him for a wonderful day at home with my family.  It is a day I will cherish for a long time to come.  Not because there was anything special going on, but because there wasn't.  It was just us.  Here.  As a family. 

post signature