Quick Update

I don't have long but I wanted to give a quick update on whats gone on today.  I will make it short and sweet.

Lucy has maintained a fever of at least 104 and often 104.5 for more than 18 hours.  She is basically in a state of delirium from the fever which has, thankfully, not allowed her to fully appreciate the pain she is in.  She is being treated with some big gun antibiotics for what we feel may be meningitis.  We have been taken aback by today's revelations, which now include potential meningitis, an emergency CT scan, and an emergency MRI.  She also had her g tube removed, her shunt tapped and will have to have her shunt removed and then probably replaced later this week (if we can wait that long.)

I don't want to sound overly dramatic, but things are not good here.  We truly covet your prayers and ask that you keep Lucy in your continued prayers.  She is very sick.  We have a long way to go towards recovery.  The road, as its been laid before us, is going to be long and possibly hard.  Erik and I are devastated and very scared.  I hurt for my other children and long to be a family again.

I will update as time allows.  I know my faith has been tested before, and I'm not sure I can sustain much more, by my only hope is in Christ.  I ask that you go before Him and beg for mercy for my precious child.

post signature